Chiropractic Care During Level 4 Lock Down
We have received notification from the Ministry of Health that Chiropractic care “is an essential service when responding to emergency and acute care needs”.
Who can receive Chiropractic care during this time:
- People who are in pain that cannot be controlled by medication or self-help advice
- Those people who are in intractable pain
- Those people who have a chronic/long-standing condition that may be deteriorating and would otherwise be compelled to seek medical care.
We have received specific guidelines from the Chiropractic Registration Board on the details of this practice. This specifies who we can take care of; under what circumstances, and how we can take care of you safely. These appointment’s will be spaced out so there will only be contact with your Chiropractor, who will be wearing the appropriate PPE. We are diligently cleaning between each patient with a hospital grade, alcohol based cleaner.
If you need Chiropractic care and fit the above criteria, then please get in touch. We will triage your needs on the phone and determine whether it is safe and appropriate to see you.
Please note the clinic is still closed and we have no Chiropractic Assistants, but I am very happy to see you on an ‘as need’ basis, should you wish to be seen. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch to assess you.
When we get in touch, we are obligated to ask you the following questions:
• Do you have a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19?
• Have you or anyone coming in contact with you, had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19?
• Have you travelled internationally in the last 14 days?
• Are you aged 70 or over?
• Do have any of the following symptoms? sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, high temperature (>38C).
We have had many calls from patients over this lock down period, wanting to keep up with their regular Chiropractic care. It has truly been hard for us to be forced to take a step back, when all we want to do is help people to function at their best and stay healthy, especially in times of heightened stress. Stay well and I look forward to seeing you all soon.